For many years, different types of makeup and cosmetics have been used to enhance the natural beauty of a woman’s face. Many women have become so accustomed to wearing makeup that it’s as natural as taking a shower in the morning.
You’ve seen the Cover Girl commercials, but how exactly do you get that flawless look at home? Applying makeup isn’t an easy trick to learn but, we assure you, once you know you’ll never forget.
Here are 5 steps to a fresh and flawless face:
1. Wash Before Beginning. One of the most important things to remember when applying makeup is to start with a clean slate. Washing your face (and exfoliating when needed) will give you the perfect base to begin your makeup application. Once you’re washed, you’re ready to go.
2. Eyes First. For a long time, there has been a huge misconception that you should begin your makeup application with your foundation. Sorry ladies, this simply isn’t true – especially if you’re using sparkly eye shadow. See, the sparkles and dust from your eye shadow will undoubtedly fall onto your cheeks during the application process. Beginning with your eyes means any sparkles or dust that falls off your eyes and onto your cheeks will later be covered up with foundation and concealer. Now that’s a good tip for a flawless face.
3. It’s Not Just About the Face. One of the worst things you can do when applying makeup is forgetting about the neck and chest. Many women only put foundation on their faces which leaves an unattractive line across the perimeter of your face where the makeup ends and your skin begins. Make sure you extend your makeup all the way to your hairline, down your neck and across your chest. This way, you’ll avoid the two-toned appearance (which isn’t an attractive look for anyone) look of a makeup novice.
4. Less is More. It’s a known fact that men prefer natural women – especially when it comes to makeup. Your makeup should enhance your natural beauty – not alter it completely. Minimal makeup should be used to create fresh face; you don’t want to end up with that caked-on look.
5. Blush is your Best Friend. When it comes to mastering the art of a fresh face, a little bit of blush can go a long way. If you don’t have time to do anything else, be sure to splash some blush on the apples of your cheeks. A pink blush will add brightness to your face and will finish off the fresh look you’ve been trying to achieve.